Tuesday, June 18, 2013

How this started.....

Recently I feel like my purpose in life is to help people live a healthy and happy life, full of laughter, and optimism. I recently made a promise to myself to concentrate on living in the NOW, and stop making excuses for myself. Too often, I make promises to myself that I will start things later, or tomorrow. Now has never seemed like a good time. Because of this, days go by, months go by, and eventually I am going to watch years go by in front of my eyes and I am never going to live out my purpose if I can't grasp that NOW is as good a time as any to start. This year, I have put myself first. I have gotten a hold over my insecurities, my health, my life. I am trying to overcome fears, and step out of my comfort zone. I am trying to take baby steps to accomplish the bigger vision that I see for my life.

As part of this self-discovery process, I have found my purpose. It took really loving myself, finding myself, and listening to my heart to understand that I feel like my purpose in life is to help people. Not to brag, but I have always considered myself an optimist. I can almost always find the "silver lining" in things. Yes, I have moments where things get hard. Yes, I have times where even I feel like there is no possible GOOD thing that can be associated with some of my hardships, but for the most part I feel like I can almost always look at situations with a glass half full kind of attitude. I also feel like I have figured out how to really grasp making a change. I want to help people overcome things that are holding them down.

This blog is more for me than for anybody else. I find that sometimes writing is a release for emotions, and sometimes can motivate me and solve my problems just by writing things down on paper. "Internet paper" in this case. Hopefully, SOMEONE will take something from my "venting", my experiences, or my advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment